Within 5 - 10 minutes drive
(Walkable for those who like to walk on footpaths, small roads and the coast path)
The closest beaches are:
- Praa Sands - 1.5 miles. A long sandy beach with a pub and café at the west end and lifeguards in summer. Partial dog ban in summer 8am - 7pm.
- Rinsey Cove - 2.5 miles. A small sandy cove dog friendly all year.
- Prussia Cove - 3.5 miles. Prussia Cove is in fact several coves - Bessy's Cove, Piskie's Cove, King's Cove and Kenneggy Sands.
All are dog friendly all year and are accessed from a small free car park.
Inland there are walks up Tregonning Hill, Godolphin Hill and to Godolphin House and woods. There is a footpath from the farm.
Within 10 - 20 minutes drive
- Porthleven - 4 miles. Our nearest ‘town’ Some shopping and lots of eating places, attractive harbour.
- St Michael’s Mount (Marazion) - 5 miles. Galleries, restaurants, beach.
- Helston - 5 miles. Market town. From the Coronation Park at Helston you can walk through the Penrose Estate (NT) past Loe Pool to the sea at Loe Bar.
- Penzance - 8 miles. Here you will find shops, galleries, restaurants and cafes, Jubilee Pool, the harbour and boat trips, the train and bus stations and the terminal for the Scillonian (day trips to the Isles of Scilly).
The fishing port of Newlyn (10 miles) adjoins Penzance. There are also several lovely gardens near Penzance.
- Hayle, Gwithian, Godrevy Point on the north coast - 5 to 6 miles. Sand dunes, huge beach and cliffs next to Godrevy. Partial dog ban on some areas of beach.
Within 20 - 30 minutes drive
The whole of the end of Cornwall is within a short drive - at most about 20 miles. Below are just a few of the places to visit.
- South coast - Penzance to Land's End:
- Mousehole, Lamorna, Penberth (Poldark location), Porthcurno (Minack Theatre), Gwennap Head (used a lot as a location in the recent Poldark series).
- South coast - The Lizard:
- Poldhu, Mullion Cove, Kynance Cove, Lizard Point, Cadgwith Cove, Kennack Sands,
the Helford Estuary (Trebah and Glendurgan Gardens), Falmouth.
- North coast - eastwards from Land's End:
- Sennen Cove and Gwynver, St Just, Botallack, Zennor,
St Ives, Carbis Bay, Hayle Towans, Godrevy Point (lighthouse), Portreath and Portowan.